What is Decomposition Tree in SharePoint 2010?
What is a Decomposition Tree?
PerformancePoint Services for SharePoint 2010 introduces the decomposition tree, an interactive arrangement of bar charts that makes it easy to explore contribution relationships. It provides an effective alternative to the “Drill Down To” feature in analytic charts.
How is Decomposition Tree Useful?
The Decomposition Tree is particularly useful because it enables you to do all of the following in one simple, easy-to-use browser window:
- Conduct root-cause analysis.
- See how an individual value in a report or a scorecard that uses SQL Server Analysis Services data can be broken down into its contributing members.
- Identify trends across individual members in a group.
- See members in a group in descending order, listed top to bottom.
- Choose which dimension you want to use for the next level of detail for an item in the Decomposition Tree.
- See all the properties that have been defined in the database for an individual member (you can do this when you are at the lowest level of detail in a dimension).
The Decomposition Tree uses Silverlight technology, so you must have Microsoft Silverlight 2.0 or 3.0 installed on your computer.
Take advantage of SharePoint Decomposition Tree and other useful features of SharePoint 2013 Server hosting, SharePoint 2010 hosting, SharePoint Foundation hosting or SharePoint Server 2010 – with shared or dedicated hosting by Apps4Rent. Also see feature by feature comparison of SharePoint Foundation vs Server 2010. We offer free SharePoint with our hosted exchange plans. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or MOSS 2007 is also available.